2017 brought many changes for us including a move to Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage last January. Change is scary but this turned out to be a great move for us. We love real estate and especially being able to count on each other as a father daughter team. Real estate is very challenging and working together has made this a wonderful journey. We are so thankful for all of our clients and our successes. Mostly, we are excited to see what 2018 brings.
Here are 5 ways to move ahead to a great New Year:
1. I like Goals more than Resolutions. Try starting with 3 simple things. Write them down and keep them in a prominant place to remind yourself every day (phone screensaver, bedroom chalkboard, stickynote on your car dashboard, etc). Always remember, it takes 21-66 days to form a habit - so stick with it. Beginnings are always the hardest.
2. Did the holidays bring you an Amazon Echo or Google Home device? Make sure to make the most of it. Here are tips for the Amazon Echo: https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/12/guidemaster-everything-amazons-alexa-can-do-plus-the-best-skills-to-enable/
3. Baby It's Cold Outside - take advantage of all those hours indoors and start getting rid of the clutter. 50-75% of the items in a typical American home are rarely ever used and studies show the more you have in your home, the more stressed you are. Plus, when the time comes for you to call us to list - you will be happy you got a jump start on the staging process. Need to donate the easy way. You can schedule a pickup right at your front door (you don't even need to be home). You can support and schedule a pickup with The Vietnam Veterans of Amercia: http://scheduleapickup.com/ and the Lupus Foundation of Amercia at http://www.lupuspickup.org/
4. Now that we are reducing the clutter, let's start rethinking gifts for 2018. People very rarely need another "item" in their home. We may like to give that tangible sweater, toy or personalized mug but the truth is the "experience gift" is one most people will end up loving the most. Less shopping, wrapping and taking up space - plus most places allow you to print the gift card from home. One of my favorite presents this year was gift card to a favorite restaurant where we vacation down the shore each summer. Try gift cards for the spa, museum, movies, plays, restaurants, something in Philly or NYC, lessons (cooking, swimming, skiing, etc), amusement park tickets, painting places (Color-me-Mine, Pinot's Pallette, Wine & Design, etc), indoor activity center (Jumping Jungle, Urban Air, iPlay America, etc). There are so many to choose from that kids and adults would love. Here are some more ideas: https://bestofnj.com/best-nj-gift-guide-last-minute-gifts-amazing-experiences and http://www.jerseyfamilyfun.com/gift-them-experiences-gift-guide-for-kids/
5. Thinking of buying and selling in 2018 - make sure to call us right away. Staging is a critical part of the process and what helps our sellers get multiple offers and the best and highest price for their home. We can provide you with a free staging plan and this is the best time to start. Most people believe the Spring Market is around May, but it really starts sometime in February. This also means that the perfect home for you might be on the market right now. Can't move until the school year ends - that's ok because most sellers know that early buyers want to wait. Don't waste time on the online search sites that notoriously have incorrect information. We provide the most accurate information on buying a house and can guide you through the process from start to finish. We would love to hear from you and you can reach us at 732-406-0313 or click the CONTACT ME button in the top right corner.
There are so many ways to move into 2018 in the right direction. We hope our tips help you reflect and get a jump start on what should be a great year. We hope you have been enjoying the holidays as much as we have and we wish you and your family the best in the New Year.
Always, Stephanie Taglietta & Stephen Bradshaw